CAFE celebrates TEN YEARS in 2013!!
It seems like yesterday when we began with a small grant of $1200.00 to the lunch program in Barahona, Dominican Republic in 2003. Since then, we have grown steadily and have supported or are supporting projects not only in Dominican Republic, but also in Chile, Peru, Bangladesh and El Salvador. It is because of our wonderful donors and volunteers that we have been able to offer support to communities working to give educational opportunities to their children and young people.
A lot has happened over the years, but one of our most exciting events was welcoming Learning for Hope to the CAFE family in 2012. Working in the schools in the Durham Region, Learning for Hope has supported educational projects in Latin America, mainly in Peru. Bringing our two small organizations together will allow us to be more effective and to reach more people. The students will maintain their Learning for Hope name in their fundraising and promotional events, but all donations and project support will be done through CAFE.
We are a busy organization these days, so visit us often and check out our events page and projects to keep up to date with what’s happening!
JOIN US! BE A VOLUNTEER, COME OUT TO AN EVENT, MAKE A DONATION
- Nov 3, 2012 - Download Annual Report 2012
- Jun 7, 2011 - CAFE receives grant from retired teachers association.
- Mar 31, 2011 - CAFE hosts Family Night at Boston Pizza...
- Mar 25, 2011 - Lafontaine Spring Fashion Show in Support of CAFE..
- Apr 2, 2010 - CAFE board member Scott Clerk was in Chile visiting with local authorities and educationa ...